Focusing on the empowerment, self-sufficiency, and
independence of individuals with disabilities.
WHO WE ARE
Work Incentive Specialist Advocate (WISA’s) – WISA’s are individuals who have been certified to provide work incentive counseling services to DAR clients who are receiving Social Security Disability (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits. Virginia WISAs use WorkWORLD (WW), an online, Virginia specific program that provides accurate information on how an SSI/SSDI beneficiary’s financial circumstance will change once they go to work. Our credentialed WISA’s are certified by Cornell University ILR School Employment & Disability Institute.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that our personal and professional experiences enable us to provide a person-centered approach along with accurate information that focuses on the empowerment, self-sufficiency, and independence of individuals with disabilities who receive disability benefits and other public entitlements. Our goal is to help our clients make informed choices and decisions which will result in a decreased reliance on public benefits programs and thereby increasing their self-esteem and the financial well-being of our clients. In serving our clients, we prioritize the needs of our clients above all else, which is the epitome of the person-centered approach.
Certified DARS Vendor # 252134
WHAT CLIENTS CAN EXPECT
EDUCATION, INFORMATION & EMPOWERMENT
- We meet and listen to the needs of the client and their family and carefully explain their benefits and work incentives in detail
- Explain the definition of disability according to Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Gather all information regarding benefits and other pertinent information
- Explain the Ticket to Work Program
- Explain Trial Work Period TWP/EPE
- Explain What are IRWE’s and BWE’s
- Subsidy and Special Conditions
- Explain how a PASS accounts works
- Explain what are Able Accounts
- Provide a detailed Work Incentive Plan
- Explain the Benefits Planning Query (BPQY)
- Explain how employment impacts health insurance (Medicare)
- Research support services & community resources and services
- Provide a clear explanation of 1619 (b)
- Inform the clients about 301 benefits
Learn more about us.
In addition to helping folks gain independence through WISA's, The Micro Nonprofit Network works to empower, educate, and equip small nonprofits to serve their community.
5602B Suite 101 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
1712 Rokeby Ave
Chesapeake, VA 23320